Ciate Velvet Manicure in Mink Cashmere Review

Leave a Comment
When Ciate were having their January sale a few weeks ago I couldn't resist picking up the velvet manicure kit for only £5! I got the colours Mink Cashmere and Blue Suede. Being a fan of Ciate and the Caviar kits I had high hopes for this kit. 

Ciate Velvet Manicure Kit in Mink Cashmere (£14)
 The packaging is the same as all the wow kits, I find these really compact and easy to store. The little tray they provide to catch excess product is really handy. 


The first down side of the product is the velvet container. The container is small and compact but after using the product there is no way to put the excess velvet back into the container fully due to the little holes at the top, instead it just sits in the lid and falls out if you open the lid leading to mess everywhere. It is impossible to take the black lid off resulting in me cracking the plastic container (hence the crack and the sellotape line you can just about see in the picture above).


The results of the manicure weren't that impressive either. The nails that worked had a soft velvet effect but many nails didn't work out with the effect not looking very cool, more like I had painted my nails and smudged them leaving marks on the nails. The velvet that did stick to the nails picked up stains really easy with anything that I got on my hands, making them look grubby and disgusting. I'd imagine this is because of the light colour and may not happen on the darker shades. On the plus side these nails lasted around 3 days before chipping which is great for someone like me that tends to chip my nails a couple of hours after painting them. 
I'm really disappointed by this kit and don't think I will be using it again. Sorry Ciate but you've got this one very wrong. 

Have you used the Ciate Velvet Manicure Kit before? 
What was your experience? 
Katie xx
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig