Birchbox April 2015

Leave a Comment
This months Birchbox celebrates the pending arrival of the new royal baby! The box this month comes in two different colours, either blue or pink, fitting to find out whether the new royal will be a girl or a boy. Whilst this months Birchbox contains some great products I don't think they relate very well to the theme, what do you guys think? There a some major stand out products for me this month as well as some rather disappointing products, so overall this months box is very well rounded.

Birchbox April 2015 (£10 per month plus £2.95 p+p)

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (£14)
I'm a big fan of the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanse & Polish and this size is going to be great for travel. I love how thought out this sample is, it even comes with a muslin cloth so you can experience the full benefits of this cleanser. The fact that it also came carefully wrapped in tissue paper makes it feel extra special. This cleanser is suitable for all skin types; containing eucalyptus oil, rosemary, chamomile extracts and cocoa butter, it lifts away dead skin cells and removes all traces of dirt and makeup, leaving your skin clean and radiant. 

Percy & Reed London Smoothed, Sealed & Sensational Volumising No Oil Oil (£14)
This Percy & Reed No Oil Oil has me very intrigued, containing pomegranate seed oil that claims to fight frizz this will leave your hair silky smooth. It also works at nourishing and repairing your hair with vitamin B5, as well as protecting your hair from heat. This hair 'oil' can be just on both wet and dry hair, however personally I think it will be best used on damp hair. 

Lola Barcelona Nail Polish in Rambla (£7.50)
This product disappoints me, whilst I never use nail polish any more so this doesn't appeal to me at all, however I would have preferred a nail polish that was more fitting to the theme, perhaps a baby pink or blue. This Lola Barcelona polish in the shade Rambla has been created exclusively with Birchbox for this month's box. Since the weather has started getting warmer here in the UK it is a great colour for summer weather.

Pommade Divine Nature's Remedy Balm (£19.80)
I have never heard of Pommade Divine or this multi purpose balm before but I'm in love. After having a play around with this product it not only smells divine but seems to work great on the skin. I recently got a burn on my arm and this balm seems to have reduced the redness and dryness already. It rubs easily into the skin and doesn't seem to leave a greasy film which quite a lot of multi purpose balms tend to do. Using 97% natural ingredients this balm contains Shea butter, cinnamon, clove, jojoba oil and nutmeg oil. 


Laura Mercier Kohl Eye Pencil in Black Violet (£17.50)
I did originally request to receive the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer however there seemed to be some sort of mix up with my account and I received the Longwear Creme Eye Pencil in Violet. Am I disappointed to have received this? Yes, I am. I'm not a big fan of coloured eyeliner especially pencil eyeliner as its just not something I tend to reach for when doing my makeup, plus I was desperate to try the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer as it is something I've been lusting over for a long time. However if coloured eyeliner is your thing then this super creamy, pigmented eyeliner will be right up your street. I hope I can find this eye liner a great home. 

Befine Warming Clay Mask (£17)
As a special treat this month Birchbox included six beauty items for every subscriber and this clay mask by Befine is probably one of my favourite items in the box this month. Containing Cardamon, Arnica and Pomegranate this sounds like a mask I can't wait to try. This warming mask claims to break down oil and clogged pores as well as toning the skin and fighting wrinkles. The Arnica within the mask is full of anti-inflammatory properties to soothe the skin. 

What did you think of this months Birchbox?
Katie xx

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig