Glossybox May 2014

Leave a Comment
This month's Glossybox is a collaboration with Superdrug to help celebrate Glossybox's  third birthday and Superdrug's fiftieth birthday. I had high hopes for this birthday box and whilst it wasn't a bad box it wasn't one I was overly pleased with either, most of the products seemed a bit cheap to me compared to what others received in their box and I felt a bit let down as a full sized product for £1.29 didn't seem like it was suitable to put in a luxury beauty box.  
Glossybox May 2014 (£10 per month plus £3.25 p+p)


Superdrug Large Doughnut Ring in Black (£4.99)
This is the first product I received this month and probably the best, I'm always styling my hair in a bun and have never actually used one before so this will be great to try out. I would have preferred a slightly  lighter colour due to my hair being a light brown but once my hair covers it you can't see the black so it's not a major problem. 

2true 3D Candy Nail Art in Cassis (£3)
I used to use 2true as a make up brand when I was about 12 and is certainly not a brand I am interested in now, it seems a bit cheap and not that great quality to me but I'm going to give this 3D Candy Nail Art a go and compare it to the Ciate Caviar beads to see if it is a good dupe, a possible blog post coming soon.

I Love Cosmetics Strawberries & Milkshake Shimmer & Shine Lip Gloss (£1.29) (Can't find the link for this sorry!)
I was a bit sceptical when receiving this product, priced at £1.29 I thought it might be not that great due to the very cheap price point. But I was wrong, it's a lovely gloss that is pretty much sheer on the lips so works great as a clear gloss and it smells divine.

Solait Illuminating Facial Bronzing Cream (£2.99) (Couldn't find the link for this either sorry!)
Another self tanning product this time for the face. Worst product in the box for me by far, having acne prone skin I always avoid products like this as they tend to break me out. This product is definitely going to a different home.

Rimmel London Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara (£6.99)
A nice product to receive in this month's box, not the best mascara I have ever used but it's a nice enough mascara that does add a nice curl to my lashes. 

Garnier Oil Beauty Lotion (£4.99 for 250ml) Ghost Fragrances Eclipse (£33 for 50ml)
Lovely little extras to this month's Glossybox and I look forward to giving these a try. 

What did you receive in this month's Glossybox?
Can you recommend any other beauty boxes?
Katie xx
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig