Bootea 14 Day Teatox Review

1 comment
Let's start of by saying that this post may contain some things that may seem a bit TMI but when starting the Bootea teatox and looking at reviews I had all these personal questions that I wanted to know about it and some people just didn't cover that. I finally gave in and brought the 14 day Teatox after seeing all the positive reviews and several promising looking before and after pictures. I brought the tea mainly as I wanted to detox my body before my birthday and my dance shows to help reduce my bloating so I could look good in my dance leotards for my shows and my outfit for my birthday. 

I'm going to start of by saying whilst Bootea promises to help you lose weight by no means is it a permeant solution to weight loss, it should only be used every so often. If a long time weight loss is what you are after then a healthy lifestyle is what you need. This teatox contains two different types of tea, a 'Daytime' and a 'Nightime'. Each tea is different in ingredients and will benefit your body in different ways. Bootea offers two different teatox's, either the 14 day teatox (21 teabags) or the 28 day teatox (42 teabags).



The daytime detox tea is a tea you drink every morning, containing ingredients such as Lemongrass, Ginger Root, Gotu Kota and Dandelion Leaf. It reminds me of a slightly more lemony/ herbal version of green tea. The one thing I loved about this tea is definitely the taste, I'm a big fan of herbal teas and would happily drink this tea all the time for its flavour. The purpose of the morning detox tea is the boost your metabolism and contains a small amount of caffeine to give you energy throughout the day. The daytime detox also claims to suppress your appetite and reduce cravings. 

The bedtime cleanse tea is a laxative tea that you drink every other night throughout the teatox. The tea contains ingredients including Senna Leaves, Fenugreek Seeds and Peppermint which all work as a natural laxative to 'flush you out' and cleanse your body of all the nasty toxins. The tea tastes very similar to just plain old peppermint tea so nothing too fancy if you are you are fussy when it comes to tea. 

Both teas are recommended to be infused in boiling water for around 5 minutes, after I've taken the tea bag out I always like to top my tea up with cold water to make it a drinkable temperature.


My personal experience, did Bootea work for me?

As I said previously I absolutely loved the taste of these teas and would happily drink them every day if I could and they are easy teas to make, all the leaves are inside a tea bag with a string so there is no faffing around with tea strainers etc. I can't say I really noticed any laxative effects with this tea however it did make me bloated and I got rather bad abdominal pains some days. Overall I did lose 3 pounds in the 2 weeks but that easily could have been just the variation of your daily weight as I didn't see any other change to my body. 

Would I buy Bootea again?

No, I most probably wouldn't purchase this tea again just because it didn't exactly see any positive detoxing effects and at £19.99 for two weeks worth of tea its rather pricey for a tea I just like the taste of.  

Bootea is available from Holland & Barrett and bootea.com

Have you ever tried Bootea? What did you think of it? 
Any other detox tea recommendations? 
Katie xx


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig